- Urban Interfaces Lab (part of the Design Lab).
- Supervisors: Dr Callum Parker, Dr Luke Hespanhol, and Dr Martin Tomitsch
Tram Thi Minh Tran, Shane Brown, Oliver Weidlich, Mark Billinghurst, Callum Parker. 2023. Wearable Augmented Reality: Research Trends and Future Directions from Three Major Venues. ISMAR/IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 🏆 Nominee for Best Journal Papers.
Tram Thi Minh Tran, Callum Parker, Martin Tomitsch. 2023. Scoping Out the Scalability Issues of Autonomous Vehicle-Pedestrian Interaction. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications.
Haoyu Dong, Tram Thi Minh Tran, Pavlo Bazilinskyy, Marius Hoggenmüller, Debargha Dey, Silvia Cazacu, Mervyn Franssen, Ruolin Gao. 2023. Holistic HMI Design for Automated Vehicles: Bridging In-Vehicle and External Communication. Adjunct Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications.
Tram Thi Minh Tran, Callum Parker, Marius Hoggenmüller, Luke Hespanhol, Martin Tomitsch. 2023. Simulating Wearable Urban Augmented Reality Experiences in VR: Lessons Learnt from Designing Two Future Urban Interfaces. Multimodal Technologies and Interaction.
Kiran Ijaz, Tram Thi Minh Tran, Ahmet Baki Kocaballi, Rafael A Calvo, Shlomo Berkovsky, Naseem Ahmadpour. 2022. Design Considerations for Immersive Virtual Reality Applications for Older Adults: A Scoping Review. Multimodal Technologies and Interaction.
Tram Thi Minh Tran, Callum Parker, Yiyuan Wang, Martin Tomitsch. 2022. Designing Wearable Augmented Reality Concepts to Support Scalability in Autonomous Vehicle-Pedestrian Interaction. Frontiers in Computer Science (Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing).
Tram Thi Minh Tran, Callum Parker, Martin Tomitsch. 2021. A Review of Virtual Reality Studies on Autonomous Vehicle–Pedestrian Interaction. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems.
Marius Hoggenmüller, Martin Tomitsch, Luke Hespanhol, Tram Thi Minh Tran, Stewart Worrall, and Eduardo Nebot. 2021. Context-Based Interface Prototyping: Understanding the Effect of Prototype Representation on User Feedback. Proceedings of the 2021 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. 🏆 Honourable Mention Award.
Tram Thi Minh Tran, Callum Parker. 2020. Designing Exocentric Pedestrian Navigation for AR Head Mounted Displays. In Extended Abstracts of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
Since 2020, many have kindly reviewed my papers. I've committed to reviewing the same number or more of works from other academics. Received: 76, Given: 37.
- CHI 2023 Late-Breaking Work (LBW) Associate Chair
- CHI 2024 Papers (1 Special Recognition 🌻)
- OzCHI 2023 Short Papers and Case Studies
- IEEE ITSC 2023 Papers
- ATRF 2023 Papers
- UbiComp/ISWC 2023 Posters
- AutoUI 2023 Papers and LBW
- DIS 2023 Papers
- MobileHCI 2023 Papers and LBW
- CHI 2023 LBW and alt.chi
- HRI 2023 LBW
- IEEE VR 2023 Papers
- AutoUI 2022 Papers
- OzCHI 2022 Papers
- OzCHI 2020 Papers and LBW
- Frontiers in Psychology
- International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction (Taylor & Francis)
Student Volunteer. OzCHI 2020, DIS 2021, AutoUI 2021, IUI 2023, CHI 2023
- 2020 - 2023 Research Training Program Scholarships, Australian Government
- 2023 - ACM Gary Marsden Travel Awards (to CHI'23 Hamburg)
- 2022 - Research Dissemination Prize, School of Architecture, Design and Planning
- 2019 - Dean's List, School of Architecture, Design and Planning
- 2019 - Vice Chancellor's Global Mobility Scholarship, The University of Sydney
- 2018 - Postgraduate Honour Roll, School of Computer Science